Our History

Hopewell began as a mission church in the 1820s and was organized on May 23, 1831 with 43 members.  As our community transitions from a rural setting to increasingly suburban, the foundation of our church remains the same. Simple traditions express our love for Christ in worship, our joy in fellowship, and commitment to service in our community.

Our present membership is near 200 and our members are active in the lives of our communities; Franklin, Bargersville, Whiteland, New Whiteland and the surrounding areas. Even as we grow our goal is to maintain the atmosphere of a friendly, family-oriented small country church.

Our Mission

Hopewell is a community of God’s people, saved by faith in Christ alone, renewed by worship in Word and Sacrament, nurtured by grace and entrusted with the mission to proclaim Christ’s Lordship to all and in every area of life.